This year, the following criteria will be used by the Nominating Committee to evaluate candidates:
A CSBA Leader:
- Communicates effectively on behalf of public education and, as the face of CSBA, advocates CSBA’s vision, mission, and governance structure.
- Leads successfully in the face of extreme change and challenges.
- Demonstrates advocacy for and knowledge of the diverse educational, social and emotional needs of all students throughout the State through the lens of equity.
- Exhibits knowledge of education finance, budget and accountability issues on a statewide basis.
- Understands, articulates, and influences the legislature’s impact on public education.
- Engages and strengthens the power and decision-making of local governance teams.
- Exemplifies strong leadership skills, including the ability to collaborate, motivate and inspire with ethics and integrity through knowledge and innovation.
- Commits the time, attention, and energy necessary to serve as a CSBA officer.