The CSBA Nominating Committee (“Committee”) invites you to participate in this year’s election process for the offices of the CSBA Vice President and President-elect. You can help us in two ways: 1) Submit a nomination form for yourself or for another member with their consent and/or 2) Encourage potential candidates to run for office.
A potential candidate must:
- Serve on a school district or county board that is a member of CSBA.
- Have completed two years as a member of the Delegate Assembly and four years as a board member on a member board.
- Submit a minimum of three (3) Nomination Forms for 2019 CSBA Officers. Nominations may be made by either a school or county board that is a member of CSBA, or by an individual member of a CSBA member board.
This year, the following criteria will be used by the Nominating Committee to evaluate potential candidates:
A CSBA Leader:
- Communicates effectively on behalf of public education and advocates CSBA’s vision, mission, and governance structure.
- Understands, articulates, and influences the legislature’s impact on public education.
- Advocates for the diverse needs of all students throughout the State.
- Engages and strengthens the power and voices of local governance teams.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethics and integrity.
- Leads successfully in the face of change.
- Provides evidence of leadership skills to lead with experience, knowledge and innovation.
- Commits the time, attention, and energy necessary to serve as a CSBA officer.
Nomination Forms for 2019 CSBA Officers must be received by CSBA no later than Friday, June 1, 2018. When CSBA receives three (3) separate Nomination Forms for 2019 CSBA Office, the eligible candidate will be mailed a “Declaration of Candidacy” packet. The completed Declaration of Candidacy packet must be received by CSBA no later than Monday, July 9, 2018.