CSBA's one-day orientation for new trustees prepares new board members for their first 100 days of service. Attendees will learn about their critical role and key responsibilities. It is crucial for the board and superintendent to work closely to pursue the shared goals of the district and keep efforts focused on student learning. We strongly encourage attendance by district superintendents, as well.
The election is over and it’s official—you’re now on the board. What’s next? CSBA’s one-day orientation for new trustees will get you through your first 100 days of service with ease. Start building your network today by meeting other newly elected board members and sharing common goals, experiences and concerns. It is crucial for the board and superintendent to work closely to provide governance leadership in support of enhanced student learning and achievement. Board presidents and superintendents are encouraged to register new board members for this vital training and to attend with them.
Attendees will learn about the critical role and key responsibilities of board members, and leave with strategies, tips and tools to survive. Topics to be explored include:
- Fulfilling Your Governance Role: How CSBA Supports You!
- Using an Orientation Meeting to Get Everyone on Board
- Effective Governance System: 7 Critical Components
- Getting Through the First 100 Days: Adopting Your First Interim Report
- Looking at Your First Budget: Checklist for Reviewing the Budget
- Knowing What and When to Expect It: A Sample School District Governance Calendar
- Keeping it Legal: A Legal Primer and the Brown Act Basics
Mark Your Calendar
Wednesday, November 28, 2018 | Moscone West, San Francisco
Program: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m./ Registration opens at 7 a.m.
Registration Fees To Be Announced in June 2018
(fee includes materials, lunch and refreshments)
Add this pre-conference event to your AEC conference registration.