2011 dates and locations
- January 21, 2011 - Sacramento, Hyatt Regency
- January 28, 2011 - Garden Grove, Hyatt Regency Orange County
- February 4, 2011 - Millbrae, Westin SFO
- February 25, 2011, Bakersfield, Marriott Convention Center
- March 4, 2011, San Diego, Westin Gaslamp Quarter
- March 11, 2011, Redding, Red Lion Hotel
Every board member needs to know about the Brown Act. Explore the intricacies of the complex act and learn how to apply the law.
The Brown Act: What you need to know is a fact-filled workshop. The principle of open meetings initially seems simple. However, application of the law can prove to be quite complex. The intricacies of the Brown Act provide important, yet often convoluted guidelines for board presidents, superintendents and members of your governance team.
Participate in this informative session and increase your knowledge of:
- The agenda: development, posting, distribution, contents and restrictions
- The meeting: open meeting laws, the Brown Act, Education Code requirements, your board bylaws
- Closed sessions: when to have them, when to not and who gets to decide
- Roman Muñoz, shareholder, Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard
- Warren Kinsler, partner, Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
- Melanie Petersen, partner, Fagen Friedman and Fulfrost LLP
Registration opens at 5:00 p.m.
Workshop session 5:30-8:30 p.m.
*CSBA members can attend the Board Presidents’ Workshop and
The Brown Act: What You Need Know Workshop
for the reduced price of $290 in Sacramento, Garden Grove, and San Diego.