The CSBA Nominating Committee (“Committee”) invites you to participate in this year’s election process for the offices of the CSBA Vice President and President-elect. You can help us in two ways: 1) Submit a nomination form for yourself or for another member with their consent and/or 2) Encourage potential candidates to run for office.
A potential candidate must:
- Serve on a school district or county board that is a member of CSBA.
- Have completed two years as a member of the Delegate Assembly and four years as a board member on a member board.
- Submit a minimum of three (3) Nomination Forms for 2020 CSBA Officers. Nominations may be made by either a school or county board that is a member of CSBA, or by an individual member of a CSBA member board.
This year, the following criteria will be used by the Nominating Committee to evaluate potential candidates:
A CSBA Leader:
- Communicates effectively on behalf of public education and, as the face of CSBA, advocates CSBA’s vision, mission, and governance structure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of education finance, budget and accountability issues on a statewide basis.
- Understands, articulates, and influences the legislature’s impact on public education.
- Demonstrates advocacy for and knowledge of the diverse needs of all students throughout the State.
- Engages and strengthens the power and voices of local governance teams.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethics and integrity.
- Leads successfully in the face of change and challenges.
- Possesses strong leadership skills, including the ability to collaborate, motivate and inspire.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead with experience, knowledge and innovation.
- Commits the time, attention, and energy necessary to serve as a CSBA officer.