Begin the journey toward an equitable future.
CSBA's Equity Network training is a year-long network that will provide a platform for superintendents and two trustees to collaborate and build capacity to govern through the lens of equity that will lead to improved opportunities and outcomes for historically and marginalized students.
Facilitators will offer best practices that can be immediately developed and implemented at the school level while engaging all stakeholders and encouraging student voice as a valued and necessary contributor to positive change towards equity.
During the first year of the Equity Network training, participants will attend four 3-hour courses covering a variety of equity related topics. The program will include a safe and engaging professional learning space where cohorts will engage in gaining awareness of educational and racial equity concepts as well as best practices for effective governance.
Program fee: $3,000 (includes registration for one superintendent and two board members)
Please register the superintendent only and contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to add two trustees at no additional cost.
- February 4, 2023 | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- March 4, 2023 | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- April 15, 2023 | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- May 6, 2023 | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Nicole Anderson, Nicole Anderson and Associates Consulting, LLC.
- Deborah Keys Write, The Write Keys 2 Consulting, LLC.
- Guest presenters include graduates of original statewide equity network, experts in the field, and practitioners
This program will provide a superintendent and two trustees with a platform to:
- Understand the purpose and impact of historical events on public education and policy
- Define equity through data and student stories
- Recognize and respond to the barriers to equity (i.e. implicit bias, stereotypes, and racism)
- Reflect on the role of the governance team in perpetuating or ending educational gaps through self assessment
- Understand a system’s approach to interpreting patterns of inequities within the district through development of an equity statement, policy, and action plan.
Once you’ve completed the program, you will have the opportunity to register for Year 2! More information to come this Spring.
Start the process towards an equitable future, become part of CSBA’s Equity Network.